The Jeffrey MacDonald Information Site is a compendium of information about the Jeffrey MacDonald case. MacDonald was convicted in 1979 of the murders of his pregnant wife and two small daughters. He is serving three life sentences for that brutal crime.

The Murders of Colette, Kimberley and Kristen MacDonald

The Jeffrey MacDonald Information Site

Short Study File #68

Note: Translation of document following scanned page

The Jeffrey MacDonald Information Site: Short Study #68

Note from Christina Masewicz: Translation of the above document as I read it to be
The part marked above is bold in the translated copy

DOJ Summary of Grebner's Recollections taken 10/29/1975


In February of 1970, Mr. Grebner was the Commanding Officer of Detachment B with the Third Military Police Group which is called Criminal Investigation Division for Fort Bragg. Under his supervision are CID agents Ivory, Shaw and Paul Connolly, as of 1970. On the morning of February 17, 1970, he received a call from Bill Ivory, who is the duty investigator for the dates of February 16 and 17. As a result of this call, he went immediately to Fort Bragg to 544 Castle Drive, where Ivory said an incident involving the death of a woman and two children had occurred. He arrived there around 4:45 to 4:50 that morning and Mr. Ivory was the CID man in charge of the premises at that time. Upon his arrival, he met Mr. Ivory on the front lawn and they spoke briefly. Other people were outside the quarters and were conducting an outside search. Besides the CID personnel, there were also certain MP personnel in the area. Mr. Grebner recalled that as he pulled up the street it was quite congested and there was no place to park. He remembers that there was a military policeman at the front door and MPs also inside the front door. Major Parsons was standing in the living room and dining room area and a military police sergeant was standing at the end of the hallway. Sergeant Alexander, who was a member of the 135th Military Police Detachment was there as a photo lab in the role of backup. When Grebner arrived, Alexander was in one of the back bedrooms doing some photo work. Grebner stated that he left the premises before the bodies of Colette, Kimberly and Kristen MacDonald were moved and went back to his office, because many things had to be coordinated and done outside of the immediate crime scene. Efforts had to be made to contact not only the FBI but the Fort Gordon Laboratory. The local police authorities also were notified and some of them came in off leave to his office and offered their assistance. Quite a few patrols were out looking for people who might have committed the murders because descriptions had gone out over the radio to the military police vehicles. Suspicious individuals were being picked up and brought to the office for questioning and identification photography. Descriptions were also given to civilian authorities as well and they were picking up people, and photographing them, and identifying them. The area that was to be



 Home  -  Contact  -  Scholarship Fund  -  New Upload  -  Christina's Corner  -  Resource Page
Chronology  -  Claims vs. Facts  - 
Various Documents  -  CID Records  -  FBI Records
April 6, 1970 Interview  - Article 32 Hearing  -Psychiatric/Psychological Data  -  DNA Results
July 23-24, 1970: John Cummings' exclusive interview with MacDonald  - 
Affidavits  -  Grand Jury Transcripts  -  1979 Trial Transcripts  -  MD License Revoked
1987: MacDonald v. McGinniss  -  Mildred Kassab sues MacDonald  -  Court Records

 Parole Hearing  -  Kassab's Work  -  Bob Stevenson Answers Your Questions
Photograph Pages