August 16, 1984: Declaration of Nancy Jones
re: Drs. James Brussel and Hirsch Silverman
AFFIDAVIT OF NANCY JONES
State of North Carolina
County of Wake
I, Nancy Jones, declare as follows:
(1) I reside in Cary, North Carolina.
(2) In 1979, I was employed by Tharrington, Smith & Hargrove as a paralegal.
(3) On the evening of August 13, 1979, I was in the office of Mr. Wade Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina.
(4) I was present with Dr. Jeffrey MacDonald in Mr. Wade Smith's personal office prior to the arrival of the two government psychiatrist. One of the men appeared to be a feeble old man around seventy to eighty years old and the second man appeared to be in his late forties. I observed the two psychiatrists and Jeffrey MacDonald in Wade Smith's office prior to my leaving that office. I further observed that the door was closed behind them.
(5) For a period of approximately 30 minutes to one hour, I was present in the general area of Mr. Smith's office and during that time neither of the men left the office and the door remained closed.
I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed this 16th day of August, 1984 at Raleigh, North Carolina.
Nancy F. Jones
On August 16th, before me, a Notary Public in and for County and State, personally appeared Nancy Jones, personally known to me or proved to me to be the person whose name is subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged that he executed the same.
Witness my hand and official seal.
Rose A. Lucas
In and for said County and State.
Commission expires 10-1-85.