May 5, 1970: Duties for escort officer assigned to Jeffrey MacDonald
while he is restricted to BOQ
Note: Translation of the document following scanned copy
Note: Translation of the body of the document as I read it to be
(Spelling, punctuation and grammar preserved)
1. You have been detailed as escort officer for Captain MacDonald. Your duty hours are from 0800 to 1800 hours on dated indicated unless otherwise directed. Duty uniform is prescribed except on weekends when civilian clothing may be worn. You will keep a log of events that transpire during your tour utilizing DA Form 1594, or Duty Staff Journal or Duty Officer Log.
2. Captain MacDonald is restricted to quarters, Rooms 12 and 13 of Grant Hall. He is permitted to go under escort to:
a. Officers Field Ration Mess.
b. PX Shopping Center.
c. To the Chapel to attend scheduled services.
3. He is permitted to consult in private with his counsels in a car parked outside his BOQ out of the hearing of his escort officer. He is permitted to visit his council at his office in Building HT-3923.
4. All visitors will controlled by the guard stationed at the entrance to Captain MacDonald's rooms. Only those individuals whose names appear on the access list will be permitted to visit Captain MacDonald. Colonel Kane will approve additions to the access roster.
5. All telephone calls received for Captain MacDonald will be referred to his defense counsel, Captain Douthat, duty phone 69779, and home phone 497-3329. Captain MacDonald will be permitted to make phone calls to civilian and military defense counsel and to those individuals indicated by an asterick on the access roster.
6. This DF supercedes DF, this headquarters, subject as above, dated 30 April 1970.
FOR THE COMMANDER: